Saturday, July 24, 2010

So Much for That

Remember here when I said this week was going to be a Blogapalooza? Yeah, well, that clearly didn't happen. Why? Well, let's review how this week went.

Monday- Over the weekend, we discovered that a student has Tourrette syndrome. The catch is that the parents don't want anyone to know or talk to the kid about it, so his teacher had been getting on him because of his singing outbursts. Well, as I discovered this weekend, making a big deal out of the situation makes it worse. So Monday was spent talking to other administrators and the teacher about the issue.

Tuesday- Report card update didn't happen as planned, so I spent hours on e-mail and the phone with the database people. Now, we have a full-time database administrator, so why was I the one making these calls? I have no idea but it still irritates me that people can't do their own jobs. The good part of today was that I got to have lunch with my friend.

Wednesday- We finally got report cards printed. Well, I did. My admin still couldn't generate them, so I had to print to PDF and then she physically printed them and took them to the post office. Unfortunately, on my way home I talked to my husband and he said Ginger had been throwing up all day. Oh no! I left a VM on the vet tech line, but by 10:00, they still hadn't called me back. So I called the office again, went through the front desk, and ended up at the office by 10:20. I was there until midnight and Ginger had to spend the night because she had something in her tummy. The x-ray couldn't tell what it was, and all the toys were accounted for. I didn't sleep well that night.

Thursday- I woke up at 6:00 and called the vet right away to check on Ginger. The tech said there had been no vomiting overnight, and that the vet would x-ray her again and call me soon. By 7:30 the vet called and it looked like whatever had been in her tummy had passed. Thursday was actually a normal day! There were some other folks from my department around, so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I did get some work done. I also finally made it to the bank... something I've needed to do for days. I picked Ginger up on my way home, and we had a quiet evening at home. $600 poorer, but at least everyone was ok.

Friday- My day started with getting up at 5:00 to give Ginger her medicine before we started our feeding schedule for the day. When I walked into my office, I immediately got a phone call from a mother who was livid about her daughter's summer school grade. The kid got a B-. Um, hello. That's a good grade in the upper school. She even began threatening to withdraw her kid from school because clearly a bad grade in Ethics means her kid can only get C's in "real" classes. Let's not acknowledge that the course was taught by the head of the Upper School and was this child's first foray into high school classes and expectations. Then my afternoon teacher talked to me and said she thought she had food poisoning and might not be able to teach. I didn't have time to teach her class! I had to take care of a bunch of stuff because I leave for San Antonio and a week-long conference. Thank goodness she was able to keep it together so I could get out of town.

Saturday(today)- I have not really gone outside yet. It's way too hot. I think I heard the news say it was almost 90 a few minutes before 7:00! At home I've been doing 1000 loads of laundry, starting to pack for tomorrow, and just getting a little more quality time with all my furbabies. DH should be home soon too. I'm thinking about getting takeout from the Shaved Duck for dinner. He's been craving pulled pork and coleslaw. I've heard their mac'n'cheese is really good too. I also need to grab a few things from Target. While I've been working at home today, I've had Cake Boss on in the background. I've never watched that show before, but it is pretty entertaining. In one episode this crazy bride comes to the bakery the day before her wedding to see her cake. She HATES it, so what does she do? Grabs icing and starts putting random icing blobs all over it! OMG. I couldn't believe he didn't scream at this girl AND made her a new cake. When he dropped off the new cake, the bride wouldn't even talk to him. What a bitch. I'm amazed by how much they all fight though. It makes Charm City Cakes look sooooo calm. :)

Don't know how much I'll post this week, but hopefully I learn a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Whew girl! I'm exhausted just reading that. I'm so glad Ginger's okay but boo on the vet bill! Have fun in San Antonio and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cake Boss. Did you see the Lumiere Place episode? There are some pics here: http://www.browersphotographyblog.com/2010/03/few-more-peeks-at-cake-boss.html

    ReplyDelete