Monday, July 12, 2010

A Fantabulous Weekend- Part 3

Sunday was also outstanding. I got up early and took the dogs on a long walk. Then I met Joline, Tami, and Sarah to go see Eclipse! It's true, I like the Twilight books and see all the movies. I thought the first one was pretty crappy, but they seem to be getting better each time. Thank goodness Edward doesn't look so much like a disco ball any more, but the eyes are getting pretty out of control. If it's not one thing, it's another. I enjoyed the action sequences though.


There's the trailer. In terms of the story, I was always Team Edward. However, in terms of the movie, I'm all about Jacob. I mean really, who could resist this?

And he's legal now so I don't have to feel skeevy about thinking he's sexy.

I think this movie was the best one yet. I really began to believe the characters more, and Bella actually seemed to have a personality. Shocking! As with the previous two though, Billy Bush, who plays Charlie, was probably the most dynamic character. He had some funny lines! Jacob did have the best one though: "I'm hotter than you." Now I am sure that some of the purists wouldn't like that some of these lines deviated from the actual book, but I was willing to overlook it because of the elevated enjoyment I experienced.

Also, there was lots of stuff with the newborn army that was all new to me. Apparently (and I know this from listening to Rhonda on the radio,) the newborn stuff is all based on the supplementary book The Short Life of Bree Tanner. I hope I can get this book from the library at some point, because I just don't think it is probably worth $10.

After the movie, we had lunch at TGI Fridays, then I ran a couple errands and went home to take a nap. DH and I had dinner, and spent a quiet evening at home. All in all, it was a very nice weekend. I have two weeks left at summer school, then a week at a Professional Development conference, then summer's practically over! Wow. I have no idea where the time went.

3 comments:

  1. Team Edward!!! Still haven't seen the movie though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob is the only reason I go see these movies. Other than spending my time with such lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally going to see it tomorrow with my mom. I'm excited for more action, less moping.

    ReplyDelete