Friday, June 11, 2010

Another Reason I'm Not Catholic

Have you read this? It is St. Louis Archdiocese’s Position Statement on Susan G. Komen for the Cure. What possible position could they have you ask? Well, they officially do not support the race or encourage participation. Really?! Their reasons are that some Komen money goes to Planned Parenthood for breast health, they support embryonic stem cell research, and they don't believe that abortions CAUSE breast cancer. I'm sorry, no one believes abortions CAUSE cancer. Correlation is not causation friends. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. I read something along the same lines of people in the IF world don't support the Komen race because they in turn give money to PP which does abortions. Don't quote me but I know I read that somewhere. Are you running in the race tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. that is so ignorant. I don't understand how natural selection does not select against them

    ReplyDelete