Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Food

Anyone else love summer food? Man, if I could eat like this all year, I would be so happy. Well, maybe not. I do love my winter squashes (butternut, acorn, pumpkin.) Anyway, right now I am obsessed with yogurt and fresh fruit. I used to think I hated pineapple because I only ever ate the stuff in a can. Fresh is a totally different story though! So good! I hate cutting up whole pineapples though, and buying the stuff that's already chopped up is kind of pricey. I'll enjoy it as a treat though.

Mix that with some blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Yum!

I also tried a new flavor of yogurt today. I never buy the original stuff, but I had to try a couple new flavors.

Cherry Pomegranate. OMG! It's incredible. Next up are Blueberry Acai and Red Velvet Cake.



My goal for this summer though is to check out one or two of our local Farmer's Markets. Maybe I can get some more great produce for a little less than I'm paying at the grocery store. I'm also thinking about getting a Costco membership. My mom gets great deals on fruit there.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I agree! Summer food IS delicious. Unfortunately, this summer is just passing me by--seriously, how is it already halfway through JUNE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have listed on my 101 in 1001 to visit a farmers market. Wanna go together? I wanna see soulards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart pineapple-it's the bestest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the summer produce is awesome! Except our grocery bills have been outrageous. I just can't resist those cherries, though. They are simply divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pineapple as well. So tasty!!! Another summer food I like is cucumber salads. Very refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete