On Friday, October 9, I was scheduled to depart from St. Louis at 6:30. My flight from St. Louis to Chicago was delayed by an hour. I was worried because I only had an hour layover, but it turned out that my flight from Chicago to Manchester was delayed by at least an hour, so that was ok. I get to Chicago, and I find out that the delay has been lengthened to at least an hour and a half. That puts me in to Manchester at 1:15, and then we have to drive an hour to get to Plymouth, where the wedding is being held. Ugh. It worked out though, and I ended up going to bed at about 3:00. I was awake long enough to appreciate the awesomeness of our hotel. Here is the sigh that pointed us to the staircase.

Here is the room next door to us. What room do you think we were in?

Here you go!

That's right. 201. Written in Sharpie! I thought I might have preferred to be in 207 and contemplated changing it. :)
I woke up for a few minutes around 7:00 to print my boarding pass for Sunday, and then slept until about 9:30. My mom and brother were out running errands and brought me a latte and a breakfast sandwich. My dad and I walked to the hotel where my cousins and aunt were staying. Their hotel was super cute. K couldn't be bothered to block rooms for everyone tough. So the wedding party and her immediate family were staying at that hotel, and everyone else was relegated to our craptastic hovel.
Here is the beautiful view from our walk. Unfortunately, you can't see the gorgeous color on the trees.

The whole family execpt K went out to lunch on Saturday at a Thai restaurant for my birthday. It was super fun. The only slightly negative part was that it was leaf viewing season and there was a ton of traffic getting to the restaurant.
We then all went back to the hotel to chill out for a while before the wedding. Part 2 coming soon.


Happy Birthday!!! I can't wait to hear what else happens lol
ReplyDelete