
Did anyone else notice the blue and black trend? I saw Kate Winslet first, and really liked her dress from the front. The top of the back was nice too. I just wasn't totally in love with the overlay on just half of the skirt.

Later in the night, I saw Reese Witherspoon and Queen Latifah had dresses with the same vibe.
Now Mylie Cyrus. Well, the dress was obviously very special, and I can see how a kid would love all the sparkles and petal skirt layers. However, that is a heck of a lot of dress for a 16 year old kid to wear. Basically, I didn't hate the dress, but I didn't love it on her.

Another miss was Sarah Jessica Parker. Her dress was pretty, but her face! What happened? Too much tanner and too much botox. Come on SJP! You're 40, we get it, be graceful please.

Normally I don't even comment on the guys. However, Mickey Rourke was looking pretty over the top. That was a lot of white tux and sparkle for one guy.

I don't have a picture, but I don't think Sean Penn looked too great either. And why did he not even mention his wife in his speech? How rude.
OK, my favorites. First, I liked Marissa Tomei. The top looked kind of unfinished, but the skirt was amazing. You go girl! I wish I had a better close-up of it. It was drool-worthy.

My other favorite was Anne Hathaway. It looks good from a distance and even better up close. Plus, I just think she is stunning.

I thought the ceremony was better than usual too. It flowed well, and Hugh was amazing. The first musical number was so fun! I liked the way they gave acting awards, but the best actress presenters were over-the-top with their little speeches. I haven't see Slumdog yet, so I hope I can manage it soon. The previews for the 2009 movies looked fun. But really, another Ice Age movie? Why?


Why the heck does Mickey Roarke have a silver tooth? And his hair is ridonculous. I swear I saw someone accept an award in a black tux with white crocs on. Freak.
ReplyDeleteI left you a present on my blog :)