
Here I am, in my robe, sitting in the basement. I just got out of the shower to the sounds of sirens. I called DH to ask when they test them here, and he said the first Monday of the month. Today is definitely not the first Monday of the month.
So, I gathered up the dogs and cat and we all got settled in the basement for a while. Let me tell you that collecting 3 pets, a water dish, my computer and a battery operated radio in a timely fashion is no easy feat!
What's funny is that I am sooo not the girl to freak out at the whole tornado thing, but being home alone I thought it best to get ready early. I really wish DH wasn't in Chicago.
I can hear the hail now. On the bright side, if the hail's terrible I could get a new car out of this.


Stay safe! Our sirens went off, too, but it was "just" for a severe thunderstorm (if that makes you feel any better).
ReplyDeleteOH no! I hope it passes so we can still meet up tonight!
ReplyDeletei drove home from sams when the skies opened up and the minute I got home matt was like GET IN HERE NOW and I was like we need to unload the groceries and matt was like NO there's a twister comin auntie em and so we all went down to the basement where he had already set up the flashlights, chairs and radios lol.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was SO scary. I'm from Florida so those sirens just sound frightening.
ReplyDeleteThe winds were crazy in our area! You couldn't see anything. Lots of large tree branches came down on our street. One branch took out our neighbors fence. :(
ReplyDelete