For Henry that is. I leave the house by about 6:30 every day. While this is very early, DH doesn't usually leave for work until 10:00 or 10:30. He usually gets up around 7:30 or 8:00, so this gives everyone a couple of hours to hang out before the work day. The problem comes in the afternoon/early evening. Henry is super excited when DH gets home around 4:30 and wants to PLAY in a big way. Well, DH really just comes home for 45 minutes or so to grab a bite to eat before he has to go to an auction.
Well, Henry totally knows what is happening, and he is not happy. He tends to have accidents during this little period,and he does whatever he can (including being naughty) to get DH's attention. When we come home for the evening and he can sense that we're all going to hang out for a while, then none of this happens.
I obviously can't get mad at the little guy. I mean, he's only a couple months old and nowhere near completely potty trained. I think it's awesome that he very rarely soils his crate! I hope that once volleyball is over I will be able to get home before DH has to leave for the auction.
I want to be the perfect puppy mom, and I feel like I'm already messing up since we have this rough day. Rationally, I know he's more hardy than that though. Can you imagine how ridiculous I'll be with a kid? Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awww I can't wait to see more pix of Henry! I felt so bad when Day Day was a puppeh and I was gone for 9 hours at a time (my mom was home with her tho). Hopefully it will get better and he'll get used to your schedules.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great puppy mommy!!! Things will get better.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you have been tagged!
ReplyDeleteCan I just suggest one little thing. You want to be careful how much over the top attention you give the pup RIGHT when you (or the husband) gets home. If you come home and the dog is understandably excited and you give him attention during this time, it can foster separation anxiety. You want to make sure its not a big deal that you came home and then he won't get anxious when you leave or prepare to leave.
ReplyDelete