Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Money is tight this year. So, my husband and I talked and decided that we just weren't going to put up a tree. We don't have an artificial one, and we just couldn't justify the expense of buying a tree. Well, last night I was talking to my mom and she was horrified that we didn't have a tree. I was shopping at Target at the time, so she told me to go to the seasonal section and pick one. Well, the selection was pretty limited. All of the trees were either in pots to be used outside or had pine cones in them. Not my style. Then, at the bottom of the pile, I saw one box that was different. The label read 7.5 ft champagne pine. OMG. It was a tinsel tree! I knew DH would not be thrilled with an artificial tree, but I thought that if it didn't look like it was TRYING to be real, he might like it. So my mom told me to get it and she would pay for it because it was not ok for me to be having such a hard year and not have some Christmas cheer.

The hubs was a little less than excited about putting up a tree for just a couple of days, but I figure as long as he doesn't have to do anything, he'll end up happy. Also, this tree is old fashioned enough that it will go well in our very retro basement when we start getting real trees again for the living room. So, without further ado, pictures of my tinsel tree! Not fancy or sophisticated, but it is fun!




We need a new topper, but we've been looking for two years and haven't found anything we both like yet. I'll ask hubby if he knows where the old one is to at least give the tree a finished look for now.

1 comment: