Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TMI- Health Insurance

So with starting the new business, I left my old job through which we had our health insurance. About four months before it was scheduled to expire, I began asking for prices. Please can you tell me what our monthly costs will be? Please, please can you tell me? Can I please have the paperwork? Etc, etc. Well, do you know when I got the information? Two weeks before it expired. Yeah. And then it turned out that it would cost like $900 a month for the two of us!!!!!!! Wow. That was so not going to happen.

So we scrambled and found health insurance that would cost less than $300 a month. Phew. The problem was that it wouldn't start until October 1. Damn. So we had a decision to make. The think was, we could pay our COBRA any time until October 15 and be covered retroactively back to September 1 if we had an emergency. So we decided not to pay that first month and wait until our new plan kicked in 10/01. Nothing happened, thank goodness, and that was all fine. But without health insurance, I didn't fill my BCP. Now I'm starting my monthly visit, and the cramps are soooo bad. I can't sleep, I can't get comfortable, it basically just sucks. I can't wait to get back on track next week, but for now, I'm miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment