Friday, March 26, 2010

Ready to be Home

Seriously. Can I just come home tonight? It isn't because I'm tired of my mom. I could easily keep hanging out with her. I just don't want to be stuck in this crap shack for the next seven hours. My dad decided that we needed to save money for this night we stayed by the airport in Fort Lauderdale. He insisted on booking the hotel. I have no idea how he found this place or whose reviews he thinks he read saying it was fabulous, but that man will NEVER make hotel reservations for mom and I again. This place is vile. It smells like bug spray, the carpet is pulling away from the walls where they have it glued instead of baseboards, the shuttle (you know the whole reason you stay at an airport hotel) only runs from 5:30-10:00 and 1:00-8:00. WTF? This means that all the money he "saved" by giving us a bargain hotel will be lost since I have to cab it in the morning. Seriously though, if I wake up with flea bites or whatever else gross, my dad is paying for another day at the spa for me because right now my skin is amazing after this week.

Mom and I are spending the evening hanging out in the attached sports bar just so we don't have to stay in that depressing room. We ordered the all you can eat fish and chips so we could nibble all night. We each ordered because that only seemed fair. Well, we have been here for about 3 hours, and we decided we wanted another plate to pick at. They brought us a piece of fish. We said, where are the fries? Apparently it is only all you can eat fish. What restaurant gives unlimited meat (expensive) but doesn't load you up on cheap carbs? This place is bizarre.

2 comments:

  1. lol you have horrible luck with hotels. The awesome place you stayed for your cousins wedding comes to mind....sorry you're stuck there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that's a crappy end to a good vacay! Hope you get home safely and without flea bites!

    ReplyDelete