
Back story:
Yesterday I called her to ask if she might do me a favor today. I had seen that Old Navy was going to have their basic ribbed tanks on sale for $2 each! I love these shirts for wearing to the gym, as layering pieces, etc. But I knew my Saturday was going to be crazy, so I was hoping that mom would be able to help me out. She said sure.
We proceeded to chat for a while, and she said there was a newspaper story that she couldn't get out of her head. The paper's adoptable pet of the week as a 10 year old Golden Retriever whose family had to give her up after losing their home due to the economy. I asked mom why she hadn't gone to get her yet, and she said she didn't know. My parents are currently petless, and mom has been wanting another dog for over a year. I told her that she needed to at least make sure the dog had been adopted and if not to bring her home. Mom agreed but said she was worried that she wouldn't have time to get a dog adopted and settled AND go to Old Navy. I told her that there was no question: see about the dog!
This afternoon my phone rang, and I was excited to hear what the result was. She said when she got to the Humane Society, the dog had already been adopted. Mom was sad, but we were both happy that she had found a family. So, my mom's search for her next dog continues, but I guess I will enjoy my shirts when she comes to visit in a couple weeks. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment