The weather is beautiful outside, and what I really want to do is ride horses and enjoy spring. This combined with the fact that I know I am leaving this job soon makes my productivity very sketchy. This weekend was also way too crazy, so I can't even say that I'm relaxed for Monday.
I think my stress all started last week. Last Sunday, my trainer told me that I should consider changing horses from my baby to the new Eq horse who had just come back to the barn. This returning horse, Luke, had competed on a national level, and really knows his stuff. I've been riding better, and she thinks that a more made horse will make me step up and really push myself to excel. The think is that I LOVE my old boy, Stormy. He has so much personality, and I have done a lot with him in the last two years. He has started getting his lead changes, put on a lot of weight, and is just going well in general. However, I know that my trainer is right in pushing me to step up. It is always hard to say goodbye to such a cool part of your life though. Hopefully we can find a new person to love Stormy ASAP. He deserves someone who will adore him as much as I have.
I don't have any pictures of Luke yet, but I do have ones of Stormy. Here we are over the past two years. He is such a handsome devil.
At the Thanksgiving show when we moved up a division. Reserve Champion!


woo! gotcha marked in now
ReplyDelete